WHAT DOES BBRD MEAN?
Like everything else we do, we believe in keeping our name simple. Our bins are blue and our "official" name is Blue Bin Recycling & Disposal. Therefore, BBRD.
WHAT IS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Our team is made up of owners, drivers, maintenance crew, customer service and sales staff. Together we provide over 40 years of knowledge in the Waste Industry, Transportation, Customer Service and Sales. 25 of that is specific to waste and recycling, so we know a thing or two and we're happy to bring our skills and knowledge to our customers.
WHAT IS MY SERVICE SCHEDULE?
We provide a 6 day/week collection schedule. Everyday except Sunday. If you have both cardboard and garbage service we may collect on different days. If you need to change or alter your schedule at anytime, we're just a phone call away.
DO YOU CHARGE EXTRA FOR FUEL, ENVIRO, RCR, RCA......
NO! Really, it's that simple. We know what our costs are. We understand our business and have included all necessary charges in our rates. You pay your monthly rate, plus GST. That's it. We're working to provide a consistent, effortless service for our customers locally. View an example of our invoice here.
I NEED AN EXTRA PICKUP, OR I HAVE A QUESTION, WHO DO I CALL?
250-563-BBRD (2273). OR 250.643.BINS (2467) BURNS LAKE, HOUSTON, SMITHERS
I WANT TO GO WITH BBRD BUT I'M STUCK IN A CONTRACT. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
One of the main reasons that we started BBRD was because of the way that other companies treat customers. Their contracts aren't a Service Agreement at all, but simply a way to hold you hostage. We run into this situation time and time again. Although we can't ethically get involved on your behalf, we can provide some guidance.
1. You have a Service Guarantee. That means if you have any service issues and you bring them to their attention, they have 5 days to resolve the concern to your satisfaction. Service is everything from customer service via phone/email, to missed collections, etc. Handle everything in writing. You'll need a paper trail. Mention the Service Guarantee.
2. Mark your cancellation window on your calendar. Your contract will have a "cancellation sweet spot", usually no more than 180 days but not less than 90 days prior to the completion of your current term. If you don't give written notice via registered letter during that window, you've technically agreed to another 3 year term.
3. Pay it out and move on. Some customers have chosen to simply tell the other company to remove their bins and let the chips fall where they may from a liquidated damages standpoint. In some cases, it could actually save you money.
4. If you are a new owner you don't have to keep the other service. Simply contact the local office, let them know that you have purchased the company/property, etc. and do not wish to have their service. You may need to have the previous owners do this for you in some cases.
5. Finally, if you feel the need to sign a new agreement with them, know that you don't have to agree to all of their terms. Ask for a shorter length, with no auto renew, etc. READ YOUR AGREEMENT AND FEEL FREE TO STRIKE OUT TERMS THAT YOU DON'T AGREE WITH.